Shri Hanumantharaya Educational & Charitable Society
SHRI HANUMANTHARAYA EDUCATIONAL & CHARITABLE SOCIETY
Towards Sustainable Development
Regd. Under Societies ACT XXI of 1860 Registration No.83 of 1982
Shri Hanumantharaya Educational & Charitable Society was established in the year 1982 under the guidance and inspiration of (Late) Shri Pendekanti Venkata Subbaiah, Former Union Minister of State for Home and Parliamentary Affairs and Former Governor of Bihar and Karnataka States. He was also the founder Chief Patron of the Society. As it had always been his desire and avowed objective to work for the up-liftment and development of people of this drought prone socio economically backward area of Rayalaseema region from where he himself hailed, he felt that a Society comprising people of various talents and background should be formed to take up development activities in this area. He was of firm belief that the activities should be taken up in an integrated manner to bring about an overall development.
Wellbeing and Socio-economic development of the various disadvantaged and vulnerable sections of the society.
Developing appropriate strategies and interventions that will promote and ensure sustainable development of the target groups.
- To provide quality education to primary, secondary, higher and technical education to rural poor of Kurnool district.
- To assist the farmers and rural community engaged in agriculture and allied activities in improving and increasing productivity and profitability in their enterprises there by improve the quality of life.
- To undertake community infrastructure like roads, schools, community halls, libraries etc. in rural areas.
- To sponsor children in need and to provide integrated developmental facilities with a focus on the child , family and community.
- To establish homes for children in need of care and protection and to provide all facilities for their growth and development.
- To promote adult education and formation of SHGs among rural women.
- To improve the skills of rural women and adolescent girls through Income Generating Activities for improving their economic status.
To achieve the aforesaid objectives, so far the society has established the following institutions:
- Pendekanti Public School - 1982
- Pendekanti Venkata Subbaiah Industrial Training Center – 1982
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra – 1989
- ChildFund – Child sponsorship programme – 1993